The What If Conference is the Grand Canyon of photography(/artistpreneur) events. I say this because, it’s impossible to convey the true experience over photos or stories. It’s the general overwhelming feeling of awesomeness.
Everything about this week was perfect, and exactly what I needed as an established photographer.
To attend this was one of the best decisions I’ve made in life. I was skeptical at first – almost didn’t book. I feel like I’ve attended 50 of the same wedding photo conference/seminar/speaking tours, and was kind of burnt out of them. This one is different. I went in not really knowing much about any of the speakers, and left with the largest respect for each of them.
Random assorted facts:
- To just spend the week with 44 amazing, inspiring people was so valuable on it’s own.
- Most of the group was from Toronto and Australia.
- Jesh is easily one of the best humans in the world. He has such a unique energy about him that I’ve never seen in anyone else.
- Jesh played a little acoustic concert on the beach last night.
- Tyler fell asleep in a bathtub for somewhere between 5- 7 hours.
- Justin is a producer at Yo Gabba Gabba. That’s pretty awesome. The other parts of his life story are just as awesome.
- Everyone hung out from 9am – 3am pretty much every day. Met so many people from all over the world.
- There are 2 talks a day. You leave the first inspired and feel like you can’t handle anymore for the day. Then you listen to the second and you get totally re-inspired by them.
- I think we’re all going to need a week to decompress.
So go next year – your reality will be a little bit altered, and you will change for the better. I hope that everyone that attended this year will come back next year (even though half of you are from Australia!)
Ms. Scarlet Oneill jumped around in the water for a bit.
And a few random iPhone snaps of the trip:
Check Out Some Related posts: